Program Development

Oct 11, 2009 at 5:18 PM
Edited Oct 11, 2009 at 5:22 PM

This is a nice and simple program, I wanted to ask a few things. I've been fiddling around the program lately and have come up with two interesting suggestions (by the way, nice job on the object oriented design).

1. I've come up with a way to end the game (of course that requires counting the number of stones and stones captured for each color) but I could only end the game if the player pressed the button.

2. I've also come up with a way to include a neural net structure by NeuronDotNet into the game to provide a deeper AI.

My question is this, would you allow me to continue my work on your simple go program? I'm sure to include you if I ever release my program in the acknowledgements etc. Thanks in advance!

and my other question is this, I wanted to make a pass button on the game, but I don't really get how to call the board placement of the AI, if I find that out, this would be a complete game. =)

Mar 11, 2011 at 8:23 PM

Hi kyerie,

I am too designing a Go game, can you help me in it..I am new to game programming, it would be nice if u help me out of this

regards,

arjun

Mar 12, 2011 at 3:30 PM

Hey arjunbabu87,

lucky I had my notifications on else I wouldn't have seen this replay. Sure, what do you need?

By the way, I've answered most of my questions above.

1. I figured to let the button slide, since the game of go is decision based anyway.

2. I made the pass action by placing a move off grid and showing an alert message.

Mar 12, 2011 at 7:11 PM

Hi kyerie030,
I am doing the design in C# with SL, I have some basic doubts in the game design. Can I have your personal email, so that I can contact you soon regarding it.

Regards,
Arjun